Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Rudolph Cookies


So other than the traditional sugar cookies I make every year, I basically spent the past month trying to find other cute and unique Christmas cookies, and I came across these little guys - peanut butter cookies decorated with chocolate covered pretzels and M&Ms to look like Rudolph and his reindeer friends. :) As I've mentioned before, I prefer to do everything from scratch, since it seems like it just makes baking more fun and special when you're baking something as a gift. However, I made these during exams as a little study break, so I used a Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix as a shortcut. If you wanted to make these from scratch, you could just Google any peanut butter cookie recipe and it will work!


I used Rold Gold chocolate covered pretzels, and they were pretty large, even for my HUGE cookies (I only was able to shape 12 reindeer and the mix says it makes 36 cookies...). Maybe another brand of chocolate covered pretzel would work better, or you could always break the pretzel in half and then the antlers would look more realistic!

Ingredients:
  • Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix (or peanut butter cookie recipe)
  • Milk Chocolate M&Ms (you could even use peanut butter or something fun!)
  • Milk Chocolate covered pretzels
Instructions:
  1. Prepare peanut butter cookie mix or recipe as instructed. Chill dough for a little bit in the fridge so it's easier to mold.
  2. Shape dough into triangle shapes with soft edges, large enough to fit a couple of chocolated covered pretzels and a reindeer face. (Keep in mind that the dough will probably expand a little.)
  3. Bake cookies as instructed, and immediately after they're out of the oven, push in red M&Ms for the nose, any colors for the eyes and the two chocolate covered pretzels at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment